PRINCIPAL | RATES & REGULATORY | ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Contact Patrick Brin: Patrick.Brin@GDSAssociates.com
“We are guided by our core values and mission statement, which are inextricably linked to the success of our clients.”
Patrick has over 28 years of experience in providing management consulting services to clients in the electric utility industry. Patrick has in-depth experience in wholesale cost-of-service and rate design, contract negotiations, litigation support services, and municipal bond finance. Patrick has been involved in the areas of production and transmission cost of service and rates, including rate design, and ancillary service charges and the proposed methodologies for computing such charges.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with concentration in Finance, from University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 1992
Patrick has provided consulting services on projects involving:
- Review and development of proposed rates, terms and conditions for production, transmission and ancillary services for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) jurisdictional and non-jurisdictional utilities.
- Negotiation support for development of production and transmission cost of service formula rate templates (including review and auditing of the implementation of such formula rates) and stated rates.
- Analysis of production and transmission cost-of-service and rate design.
- Analysis of ancillary service cost-of-service and rate design.
- Assessment of changes in transmission and energy market policy related rules on utilities and generation developers.
- Review of renewable integration studies and evaluation of potential impacts on ancillary service rates.
- Litigation support in state utility commission proceedings related to municipal utility matters.
- Litigation support related to contract interpretation disputes.
- Preparation of consulting engineer’s reports, opinions and certificates in connection with the issuance of municipal revenue bonds and commercial paper notes.
- Preparation of Annual Engineering Reports in support of Bond Resolution requirements.
- Development of long-term projections of wholesale power supply costs.