WILLIAM M. BATEMAN
William M. Bateman
PRINCIPAL TRANSMISSION SERVICES | MARIETTA, GEORGIA
Contact William M. Bateman: Bill.Bateman@GDSAssociates.com
“The key to a successful compliance and cyber security program is communication, coordination, and collaboration among all parties in the organization.”
Bill has over 20 years of electric utility and consulting experience, including over 16 years of experience assisting Registered Entities with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) (formally North American Electric Reliability Council) Standards and Compliance. He has experience with developing programs to meet the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards and addressing the NIST Cyber Security Standards. Bill worked in various Engineering roles at one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the United States. This experience included positions in the areas of system operations, transmission services, OASIS administration, and substation and transmission line maintenance, including associated NERC compliance activities.
Bill has coordinated the compliance reporting for multiple clients, including review of various FERC, NERC, NAESB, NIST, and RUS requirements. This work covered the full lifecycle of compliance program development, from initial registration to audit and through mitigation and settlements. Additionally, he has developed and given multiple NERC Compliance and Cyber Security program presentations for clients and industry groups.
- Master of Business Administration from Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Science Industrial Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Physical and Cyber Security Programs
- NERC CIP and Operations & Planning Compliance
- Transmission and Balancing Authority Operations
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Power and Energy Society, Technology and Engineering Management Society