Robert C. Dew, Jr.
Robert C. Dew, Jr.
MANAGING DIRECTOR HI-LINE ENGINEERING | MARIETTA, GA
Contact Robert Dew: email@example.com
Robert Dew has over 40 years of electrical power engineering experience, primarily with electric cooperatives in the Southeast and Midwestern United States. In his career, Robert has prepared over 220 work plans, long range plans, sectionalizing studies, and capacitor (power factor improvement) for electrical cooperatives and utilities from Alaska to Florida. He has designed a number of large underground commercial, industrial, and residential developments as well. His education consists of a BSEE degree from Purdue University, Masters level credits at Georgia Tech, and an MBA from Butler University in Indianapolis. Robert is a licensed professional engineer in 16 states and was formerly Vice President of Engineering at Southern Engineering Company in Atlanta, Georgia. More recently, he was CEO of PowerTech Engineering in Tucker, Georgia. Robert is a longtime member and former Chairman of the IEEE Rural Electric Power Committee and the NRECA-T&D System Planning Subcommittee and is an NESC expert and frequent expert witness in numerous electric contact cases and electric service territorial cases. He has qualified as an expert witness in state and federal court as well as numerous state Public Service Commissions.
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1971
- MBA, Butler University, 1981
- Post Graduate Work in Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1977
- Distribution System Planning and Protection Engineer
- Electric Utility Territorial Expert
- National Electrical Safety Code Expert & Member of National NESC Committee
- Expert Witness in Numerous Electrical Contact Cases, Wrongful Death Cases, Etc.
- Senior Life Member of Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Member NRECA T&D Subcommittee Task Force
- Member and Past Chairman of IEEE – Rural Electric Power Committee (REPC)
- Amateur Radio Technician License
- Professional Engineer – State of Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas are inactive at this time.
- Indiana Electric Cooperative Meritorious Service Award
- IEEE/IAS/PES A.P. Seethapathy Rural Electrification Excellence Award