PRESIDENT | BOARD of DIRECTORS ENERGY EFFICIENCY & DSM | MARIETTA, GEORGIA
Dick has more than 41 years of strategic planning, integrated resource planning (IRP), economic analysis, market research, and program design, implementation and evaluation experience with energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. He manages large-scale projects for utilities and government agencies and has completed impact and process evaluations of energy efficiency and load management programs. Dick has testified on the results of energy efficiency plans and evaluations before state regulatory commissions and legislative committees. He has extensive project experience involving detailed measurement and verification of energy efficiency and demand response programs. Before joining GDS, Dick was the Manager of Marketing and Product Development at Central Maine Power Company. He also served as the chairman of the New England Power Pool DSM Planning Committee.
- BA degree with distinction in Math/Economics from Dartmouth College
- Masters Degree from the Thomas College Graduate School of Business
- University of Michigan Graduate School of Business Administration Management II Program
- Energy efficiency market assessment and baseline studies
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy potential studies
- Integrated resource plans; impact and process evaluations; audits of energy efficiency programs; program benefit/cost analyses.
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) certification from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Project Manager for the Pennsylvania Statewide Evaluator Project (2009 to present)
- Energy efficiency program research and planning for Central Electric Power Cooperative, Hoosier Energy, South Mississippi Electric Power Association,
PowerSouth, District of Columbia.
- Technical Advisor to public utility commissions in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Vermont
- Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) member
- Board of Directors AESP – 2010 to 2015