Municipal Financial Services
Bond ratings are a key driver of the interest costs associated with issuing municipal bonds, be it revenue bonds or general obligation bonds. Having a Consulting Engineer engaged to provide engineering reports related to the capital projects being financed can help to enhance utility bond ratings. GDS has the expertise available to assist municipal electric utilities and power agencies with the engineering services in support of bond issuances.
MUNICIPAL FINANCE SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
The GDS team of finance analysts and engineers has provided municipal finance related support services to joint action municipal power agencies for more than 20 years, assisting with the issuance of revenue bonds related to ownership of nuclear, coal and gas turbine generating projects. The consulting team at GDS works with its client’s bankers, bond counsel, underwriting counsel, and financial advisors as an integral part of the financing team to help ensure a successful closing.
We assist our clients in the following areas:
- Consulting Engineer’s reports
- Preparation of pro-forma operating results
- Assistance with preparation of Official Statements
- Support of Bond Rating Agency presentations
- Certificates and opinions required under Bond Resolutions
- Annual, biennial, and triennial reports
- Development of capital funding plans and rate impacts