Jim is a recognized leader in the utility, retail electricity, and consulting industries. His 30 years of experience includes designing, implementing and managing energy efficiency, renewable energy, pricing, behavioral, and water efficiency programs for electric and gas utilities throughout the US. Most recently, he led a team of 45 professionals in the design, implementation, and marketing of residential, commercial and industrial energy efficiency programs in the Midwest and Southwest.
- Master of Public Affairs, The Lyndon Baines Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- B.A. Political Science and Economics, cum laude, Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Graduate School of Business, selected courses (15 hours) in marketing and accounting, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy program design and implementation in the residential, commercial, and industrial market segments
- Retail strategy development and execution in competitive electricity markets
- Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP)
- The Energy Professionals Association (TEPA)