GARRETT D. COLE, P.E.
Garrett D. Cole, P.E.
PRINCIPAL POWER SUPPLY | MARIETTA, GEORGIA
Contact Garrett Cole: Garrett.Cole@GDSAssociates.com
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Sir Winston Churchill
Garrett has more than 12 years of experience in the electric utility industry. His main clientele have been municipals, cooperatives and law firms with a priority of offering utility management and advisors a broad range of skilled consulting expertise to draw from in all areas affecting their business model.
While focused on providing all-encompassing solutions for the needs of electric utilities, Garrett specializes in strategic supply, resource procurement and ISO/RTO market planning and analysis and has made significant contributions on strategic planning, negotiation, forecasting, asset review, regulatory and risk management issues.
- Strategic Planning: Supply procurement plans and Market hedging strategy/implementation
- Negotiation: Conducting procurement processes and negotiating supply and asset agreements
- Forecasting: Financial modeling, Wholesale power cost and Operating budget forecasts
- Asset Review: Economic feasibility, valuations and detailed dispatch modeling spanning biomass, coal, gas-fired combined cycle and combustion turbine, hydroelectric, wind, solar and nuclear generation units
- Regulatory: RTO stakeholder group representation, integration of generation/load into RTOs and review of statewide and local Public Commission issues
- Risk Management: Risk modeling and development of risk management policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Masters in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Masters in Business Administraion from Kennesaw State University
- Power Supply, Resource Procurement Planning and Hedging Strategy
- ISO/RTO Market Analysis and Stakeholder Representation
- Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia
- Institute of Industrial Engineers Member