EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT POWER SUPPLY | MARIETTA, GEORGIA
Contact Bill Jacobs: Bill.Jacobs@GDSAssociates.com
Dr. Jacobs has over thirty years of experience in a wide range of activities in the electric power generation industry. He has assisted the Georgia Public Service Commission staff in development of energy policy issues related to supply-side resources and in evaluation of applications for certification of three combustion turbine peaking projects and assists the staff in monitoring the construction of these projects. He has also assisted in providing regulatory oversight related to an electric utility’s evaluation of responses to an RFP for a supply-side resource and subsequent negotiations with short-listed bidders. He has provided technical litigation support and expert testimony support in several complex law suits involving power generation facilities. He monitors power plant operations for GDS clients and has provided testimony on power plant operations and decommissioning in several jurisdictions.
Dr. Jacobs was selected by the Georgia Public Service Commission to be the Independent Construction Monitor for the Vogtle 3 and 4 nuclear power plant, the first new nuclear plant in the past 35 years in the United States.
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Georgia Tech Institute of Technology, 1971
- Master of Science, Nuclear Engineering, Georgia Tech Institute of Technology, 1969
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech Institute of Technology, 1968
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Nuclear Society
- Professional Engineer – State of California